All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJesus was more than just a supernatural figure, says William Phipps. He had much in common with teachers and shared many of the interests of rabbis, ethicists, philosophers, and satirists. Phipps provides evidence of this in his thought-provoking book and then gives a boarder perspective of Jesus, showing that he differed from the traditional ancient wisdom with his rejection of the ideas of female inferiority, nationalistic prejudices, and intolerance of the unlearned. Readers are presented with a view of Rabbi Jesus as the consummate master teacher with a keen sense of humor, whose central theme was love.
- Author BiographyWilliam E. Phipps is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). He was formerly Professor of Bible at Peace College in Raleigh, North Carolina, and the former Chair of the Philosophy Department at Davis and Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia.
- Author(s)William E. Phipps
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight20 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.