All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wisdom of John Muir marries the best aspects of a Muir anthology with the best aspects of a Muir biography. The fact that it is neither, and yet it is both, distinguishes this book from the many extant books on John Muir. Building on her lifelong passion for the work and philosophy of John Muir, author Anne Rowthorn has created this entirely new treatment for showcasing the great naturalist's philosophy and writings. By pairing carefully selected material from various stages of Muir's life, Rowthorn's book provides a view into the experiences, places, and people that inspired and informed Muir's words and beliefs. The reader feels able to join in with Muir's own discoveries and transformations over the arc of his life. Rowthorn is careful t to overstep her role: she stands back and lets Muir's words speak for themselves.
- Author BiographyAnne Rowthorn has written and compiled 11 books on diverse topics, but ecological spirituality has become her specialty. Her book Your Daily Life Is Your Temple was designated a best spirituality book of the year in 2006 by Spirituality & Practice. Rowthorn is a life-long passionate environmentalist. She has taken her pen and notebook all over the USA, and to Asia, Latin America, Oceana, and Europe. Wherever she goes, following John Muir's example, she seeks out the wildest hiking trails, mountains, and coastlines. Along the way she collects evocative ecological literature from the great cultures and religions of the world. Earth and All the Stars (2000) was her first compilation of ecological readings. Her most recent books on the same theme are Song of the Universe (2008) and Feast of the Universe, (2009). The author stays busy on the circuit with book readings, teaching, and leading retreats, workshops, and eco-hikes. Visit Annerowthorn.com.
- Author(s)Anne Rowthorn
- PublisherWilderness Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilderness Press
- Out-of-print date15/07/2013
- Weight242 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byBill McKibben
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.