All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly four thousand years the wisdom of Judaism has supported people through exile and suffering, good times and bad. Founded on the universal principles of justice, integrity and righteousness, its message is as relevant today as ever, and has much to offer all members of the global community, regardless of race or creed. Contained within this beautiful little book are some of the most profound and pertinent extracts from Jewish writing. Addressing a multitude of timeless themes, from the nature of God to family life, the passages are drawn t only from the scriptures, but also from the work of great Jewish thinkers ancient and modern, male and female. For solace, for inspiration, or simply for browsing through at moments of quiet, this exquisite anthology will be treasured by readers as a source of perpetual wisdom.
- Author BiographyDan Cohn-Sherbok is Professor of Judaism at the University of Wales at Lampeter, and visiting Professor of Interfaith Dialogue at Middlesex University. He is a widely published an eminent scholar and a Fellow of the Academy of Jewish Philosophy.
- Author(s)Dan Cohn-Sherbok
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication25/05/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleWisdom of...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width150 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDan Cohn-Sherbok
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.