All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionPrince Philip - or to give him his proper due, His Royal Highness the Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, KG (Knight of the Garter), KT (Knight of the Thistle), OM (Order of Merit), GBE (Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire), AK (Knight of the Order of Australia), QSO (Companion of The Queen's Service Order), PC (Privy Counsellor) - is a gentleman and a senior Royal of such standing, it's only fitting that a book celebrate the great wisdom he has accrued in his 93 magnificent years on earth. A tireless public servant to the Commonwealth, who can forget such pearlers as If it has four legs and it is t a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is t an aeroplane and if it swims and it is t a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it as said to a World Wildlife Fund meeting in 1986? Or, observing to a wheelchair-bound Susan Edwards alongside her guide dog in 2002, Do you kw they have eating dogs for the arexic w? . Of course, Australians fondly remember his deep and abiding interest in the country. We will always remember his asking Do you still throw spears at each other? to Indigeus leader William Brin in 2002? Or when offered a koala to stroke Oh , I might catch some ghastly disease ? But perhaps Prince Philip best summed up his illustratrious career when commenting to Jeremy Paxman that Any bloody fool can lay a wreath at the thingamy .
- Author BiographySir Antony A. Butt originally trained as a priest, but thwarted by the desire for senior public service, is now Australia's foremost Monarchist (overtaking the role last held by David Flint). A firm believer in the 1950s, Sir Antony lives his life with the clock wound tightly back. This is his first book. Oslo Davis is an illustrator and cartoonist. He draws two cartoons a week for Melbourne's The Age newspaper, as well as a weekly cartoon called Overheard in the Sunday Age. Oslo draws regularly for Art Guide Australia and Readings Monthly. In 2011 Oslo was a Walkley Award finalist in the cartoon category. Oslo wrote, directed and drew Melbhattan, an animation about Melbourne, and is the illustrator for the Golden Plains music festivals. In terms of publishing, Oslo has contributed illustrations to a number of books. Most recently he worked on Sh*t Asian Mothers Say, by Benjamin Law and Michelle Law, as well as Henry Lawson and Banjo Paterson anthologies. His clients include the New York Times, The Guardian, the National Gallery of Victoria, the University of Melbourne, the State Library of Victoria, the Big Issue and The Wheeler Centre.
- Author(s)Antony A Butt
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content Note25 B&W illustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.