All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $16.90Free postage
- AU $16.89Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWhizz off on three magical adventures in one bumper book from the world's best-loved children's author, Enid Blyton. The Adventures of the Wishing-Chair: When Mollie and Peter go to buy their mother a birthday present, they discover the most extraordinary thing: a chair that can fly and grant wishes! The Wishing-Chair takes them on some marvellous adventures - to a castle where they narrowly escape from a giant and rescue Chinky the pixie, to the Land of Dreams, and to a disappearing island! The Wishing-Chair Again: Mollie and Peter are home for the holidays and they long to see their friend Chinky and their magic Wishing-Chair. Together they have wonderful adventures, but what happens when the Wishing-Chair is stolen and then gets its wings cut off by the naughty Slipperies? More Wishing-Chair Stories: Mollie and Peter and Chinky the pixie have more amazing adventures on their Wishing-Chair. They find gold at the end of the rainbow, they meet brownies and they visit the Land of Wishes. Best of all they get to help Santa Claus deliver presents for Christmas! Enid Blyton is arguably the most famous children's author of all time, thanks to series such as The Wishing-Chair, The Faraway Tree-, The Mysteries, The Famous Five and The Secret Seven. Her fantasy books are among her most popular creations and they promise to enchant boys and girls for generations to come.
- Author BiographyEnid Blyton is one of the best-loved children's authors with over 700 titles published. Aged 27, Enid married Hugh Pollock and moved to London. They had two children, and soon afterwards Enid wrote her first novel, The Adventures of the Wishing-Chair. Enid divorced Hugh after almost 20 years of marriage, and married Kenneth Waters in 1943. Throughout the 40s and 50s, Enid wrote books at a colossal pace: adventure stories, mysteries, magical stories, farming stories, stories for younger children, and best-selling series like Mallory Towers and Amelia Jane. Enid fell ill with Alzheimer's disease and she died in 1963. Her stories remain timeless classics, adored throughout the world.
- Author(s)Enid Blyton
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Wishing-chair Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Noteb&w line illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.07Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $41.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.