All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHope is an icicle. If it drops from a height, it can pierce a hole right through you. Londoner Edith Middleton arrives in Sydney in the grip of the Depression and watches her last penny roll down the drain of that great wishing well, Australia. As her life pitches into abject poverty, she bears an illegitimate child on a sweatshop floor, a gifted boy who drags his reluctant mother through the hole in his heart to discover love that is at once fragile and cruel. The Wishing Well is a feisty, powerful and uplifting story of resilience and love, told seductively with a wealth of actor-power, passion, vivacity and warmth. (2 acts, 21 male, 13 female).
- Author BiographyMichael Futcher is a writer, director and actor. He has directed in both Australia and Britain and is a founder of Matrix Theatre (based in Brisbane). Helen Howard is a writer and actor, having appeared frequently on stage, in television and in film, both in Australia and Britain. She is a dialect coach for stage and screen, and co-founder of Matrix Theatre. Futcher and Howard are married and live in Brisbane with their sons.
- Author(s)Helen Howard,Michael Futcher
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight176 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.