All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation of Saunders Lewis' Welsh play 'Blodeuwedd'.
- Author BiographySAUNDERS LEWIS is that rarity, the writer of the century. More than that, as far as Wales is concerned, in the absense of a native tradition, he has invented a dramatic literature for Welsh-speaking Wales so distinguished in its quality as to reside unself-consciously beside all others.The diversity of his range and his development in the theatrical craft is brilliantly and faithfully recreated for the English-speaking world here by Joseph Clancy. The 'audible rhythms and the music of speech' that 'are of necessity called-for in the theatre', are everywhere present - so that the translation though loyal in style, espression and allusion to the original are designed for actors in performance as well as for readers of the prinetd pages.
- Author(s)Saunders Lewis
- PublisherDinefwr Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationCarmarthenshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDinefwr Publishers Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Translated byJoseph P. Clancy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.