All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a diverse series of short stories that span a period from the 1940's through to the 1970s. Among them, In Homeless, a little girls builds a house for herself with very rudimentary materials, and comes to grief with the attempt; a housewife recalls her first memory of sw, which is in short supply in coastal, British Columbia. In Back to Normal, a young man returns home after a long absence, only to learn his father has become a part of a medical experiment. In Courney's Reunion, a young girl turns to drastic means to reunite her family, torn apart by scandal. In the title story, Marilyn and George cause curiosity and disdain in their upscale neighborhood. Pigs rout in their lawn; goats stand on their roof, plus chickens are everywhere... but most baffling is Marilyn's choice of dress. Her only apparel is a shabby black raincoat, which she wears at all times in all weather. A neighbour's invitation to her party could lead to some answers! In Shh, Jake and Jan experience an abrupt change of life style when they switch their careers, from concert pianist and pediatrician to a joint venture in pyramid selling. It leads to a startling conclusion. The poetry includes The Moonlit Garden. It was written when the author was thirteen, and launched her interest in writing by winning a high school poetry contest. Ad Infinitum was published in The Vancouver Sun when she was nineteen.
- Author(s)Elaine Billstrom
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.