Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionA colonial English tavern, situated on an island in Cape Cod Bay, Massachusetts, between the years 1690-1740 provides the setting for The Women of Great Island Tavern. Established to serve as a refuge and lookout station for on-shore whalers who harvest the local pilot whales, the tavern becomes home to six women. All but one new arrival narrates her story in the first person and introduces her initial role in the story. Subsequent and inter-weaving first and third person narratives trace the developing stories and supportive relationships among the women themselves-relationships that mirror the social, matriarchal behavior of the pilot whales that the men hunt.
- Author(s)Dianne Comiskey
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.