Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by blissfulqueenb
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wonder Weeks describes in easy-to-understand terms the incredible developmental changes and regression periods that all babies go through during the first 20 months of their lives. Age-related fluctuations and the need for body contact and attention are all related to major and quite dramatic changes in the brains of children. These changes enable a baby to enter a whole new perceptual world and, as a consequence, to learn many new skills. Wonder week by wonder week you'll discover the dates in the first 20 months when all babies take ten major development leaps. Learn how to encourage each leap forward. Help your baby with the three Cs' of fussy behavior: Cranky, Clingy and Crying. Recognize the on-set of stressful times and join your children in coping with them. Based on the scientific- and parental-world-changing discovery of a phemen: all rmal, healthy babies appear to be more fussy at very nearly the same ages, regression periods, and sleep less in these phases, The Wonder Weeks will help your baby, and you, get the most out of these developmental phases.
- Author BiographyHetty van de Rijt studied Educational Psychology at the University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands and obtained her Ph.D. in Physical Anthropology at the University of Cambridge, England. At the University of Amsterdam, Dr. van de Rijt studied the development of human babies in their home environment. As lead author with her husband as co-author, she wrote the best-selling parenting book The Wonder Weeks, which has been published in twelve languages, from the USA to Japan. Frans X. Plooij studied behavioral biology in the Netherlands in Amsterdam, Nijmegen, and Groningen, where he received his Ph.D. in 1980. He is a full member of several international, scientific societies including the New York Academy of Sciences. Together they studied infant development in free-living chimpanzees with Dr. Jane Goodall in the Gombe National Park, Tanzania, East Africa. Dr. Plooij is director of the International Research-institute on Infant Studies (IRIS) at Arnhem, and president of Kiddy World Promotions B.V.
- Author(s)Frans X. Plooij,Hetty Van de Rijt
- PublisherKiddy World Promotions B.V.
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationGelderland
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKiddy World Promotions B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight631 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jan Jutte
- Translated byStephen Sonderegger,Gayle Kidder
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementUpdated
Most relevant reviews
- angelesmiranda08 Sep, 2014by
Great Book, invaluable insights!
Great book, provide insights of your baby's development and allows you to understand whats going on during those baby cranky days (that you are about to collapse). I have it in my bed table and read a little bit some nights to understand better my baby
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61