All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionSince the founding of the National Park Service in 1916, tens of thousands of NPS employees and volunteers have devoted themselves to preserving our public lands, which today number more than 400. Each person's NPS career is unique, seasoned with daily duties, grand adventures, and everything in between! Yet there is one common element: each person has plenty of material for terrific stories about living and working in America's most special places. These 100 true stories from current and past NPS employees and volunteers make for an engrossing, funny, and often moving read, with something for everyone. The writers welcome visitors, ride the rails, collar caribou, reenact and make history, and every day face the mystery of wildness--including plenty of bears!--all for America's public lands. Featuring more than 100 photographs and stories from 80 different parks, monuments, and historic sites, stretching from the coast of Maine to American Samoa, The Wonder of It All is sure to inspire a new generation to cherish the natural and cultural resources that the National Park Service was born to preserve.
- Author BiographyYosemite Conservancy's publications inspire people to preserve and protect Yosemite National Park's resources and enrich the visitor's experience.
- PublisherYosemite Conservancy
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYosemite Conservancy
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byYosemite Conservancy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.