All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $15.91
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter how simple or complex your woodworking goals, the same basic skills are needed: selecting and cutting wood, shaping, assembling and sanding the components, and using the right tools for the job. This book provides a good grounding in each of these areas, showing you how to improve your skills and expertise as you become more experienced. The book also includes a guide to the main groups of tools needed for woodworking, for example tools for measuring, marking, cutting, shaping and finishing. All the basic cutting and assembling techniques are described and illustrated step-by-step, and there are also advanced techniques for producing decorative work. Finally, it shows how to stain, varnish, paint, laquer, wax and polish wood, ensuring a beautiful finish to your creations. This manual is a handy reference suitable for either the experienced woodworker or beginner.
- Author BiographyStephen Corbett has had a successful career in professional woodworking design and construction for more than 20 years. A skilled craftsman, he not only makes beautiful furniture and wooden artefacts, but also plans home improvements, storage solutions and major design installations. Stephen contributes regularly to various woodworking magazines as a technical consultant.
- Author(s)Stephen Corbett
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date06/05/2006
- Content Note300 colour photos
- Weight663 g
- Width230 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statementillustrated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.