All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive handbook on the seeds of trees and shrubs produced by the USDA Forest Service was USDA Misc. Pub. 654, Woody-Plant Seed Manual. The manuscript was ready for publication in 1941, but World War II delayed publication until 1948. The boom in tree planting in the 1950s and 1960s created a large demand for seeds and exposed the gaps in our kwledge concerning production and quality of seeds of woody plants in general. The 1974 Handbook proved to be very popular both in this country and abroad, leading to five printings and translations in several other languages. More than a quarter-century after its publication, however, numerous advances in tree seed techlogy have dictated that a new revision is needed; the result is the current volume. Part I contains information on how to get seeds and raise seedlings.
- Author(s)Franklin T. Bonner,Robert P. Karrfalt
- Date of Publication13/05/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.