All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the study of a regional industry, the book illustrates the impact of an expanding national market on a previously isolated market, offering new insights into a pioneer industry in the West and into the business methods and procedures of the time. The book discusses the growth of a myriad of small processing and manufacturing plants which drew raw materials from, and geared production and sales to that local ecomy, enjoying as they did, protection from eastern competitors who were saddled with high freight rates. The book demonstrates that once urbanization occurred in the region, bringing it into the national market, the local industries declined rapidly, disappearing in less than a generation. Perceptive, challenging, the book opens new possibilities for the study of manufacturing on the regional level.
- Author BiographyNorman L. Crockett is an associate professor of history at the University of Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Norman L. Crockett
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.