All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis is t a book of documents, snippets or worthy speeches. Instead it presents the original essays and the moments of insight that told us what Australia is and could be. These are the essential statements - from historians, reporters, velists, mavericks and visionaries - that take us from Federation to the present day, and tell a story of national self-discovery. There is the Frenchman who saw that Australia was a 'workingman's paradise', and the historian who explained why. The two reporters who realised the true significance of Gallipoli and conveyed it to the nation. Russel Ward on the Australian Legend, Robin Boyd on the Australian Ugliness, Donald Horne on the Lucky Country, W.E.H. Stanner on the Great Australian Silence and Anne Summers on Manzone Country. Real Matildas, Cultural Cringers, Future Eaters and Forgotten People - and much more. Memorably written and cohesive, this is the essential sourcebook of the words that made Australia.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byChris Feik,Robert Manne
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.