All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionA thoughtful exploration of the history and vitality of traditional Catholic prayers. Praying people have long relied on meditative or extemporaneous prayer to express their feelings and yearnings to God. Traditional prayer, often considered rote, tends to be neglected. In the Words We Pray, author Amy Welborn offers an insightful exploration into eighteen traditional prayers and the vital role they play in the spiritual life. This enchanting prayer book includes the history and traditional use of each prayer as well as personal anecdotes to show why the body of Catholics traditional prayers is a treasure worth rediscovering. When we explore the history of how these prayers were composed and used, we hook into those original impulses we still share. From the psalms to traditional Martin prayers to the Lord's Prayer to Amen, the prayers explored in The Words We Pray are gifts from the past that can be used to great benefit today.
- Author BiographyAny Welborn is the author of Loyola Kids Book of Heroes, Loyola Kids Book of Saints (Loyola Press, 2003) and the Prove It! series of apologetics books for youth (Our Sunday Visitor). She is the general editor of the forthcoming Loyola Classics series (Loyola Press). Amy resides in fort Wayne, Indiana, with her family.
- Author(s)Amy Welborn
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight209 g
- Width129 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.