All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagers are significant actors in contemporary organizations and yet there is very little deep-level analysis of what managers do, and how they understand their managerial selves and social situations. Instead of evaluating management techniques according to their internal logic and systematic qualities, this book advances the 'practice perspective', using behaviour and activities of successful, experienced, and skilled managers as the primary data for theorizing good management. In this book, academics review classic literature on managerial work, discuss methodological and theoretical approaches, and present empirical studies on various kinds of managers at different levels of organizations, in different roles, and different sectors, from construction site managers and CEOs of large companies to university vice chancellors and front-line health care managers. It makes the case for studies of managerial work that look beyond the rational and ordered world to the challenges presented by, inter alia, work and information overload, complexity, performance pressures, unintended consequences, and irreconcilable expectations.
- Author BiographyStefan Tengblad is Professor in Business Administration at University of Skovde, Sweden. He has written several articles on leadership and managerial work, which have been published in the Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Business Ethics, Scandinavian Journal of Management and Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight596 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byStefan Tengblad
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.