All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Works of Mercy The Heart of Catholicism, Father James Keenan, S.J., reveals mercy as Gods principle way of loving us and our way of loving one ather. In the first two of three parts, Father Keenan explores modern applications of the corporal works of mercy--visiting the prisoner, sheltering the homeless, feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, visiting the sick, clothing the naked, burying the dead--and the spiritual works of mercy--reconciling, being vigilant for the spiritual needs of ones neighbor, and praying. Because we are called by Gods mercy into the church, the third part of the book looks at the effective work of mercy in the prayer of the church, particularly in the Eucharist. Complete with meditations on September , , and the priesthood in light of the scandals in the church, iThe Works of Mercyi provides a bridge between the past and the present and is must reading for students, parish groups, and individual readers seeking to live their faith in the everyday world.
- Author BiographyJames F. Keenan, S.J., presently holds the Gasson Chair in the Theology Department at Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. His recent books with Sheed & Ward include Practice What You Preach, Virtues for Ordinary Christians, and Moral Wisdom.
- Author(s)James F. Keenan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Out-of-print date21/03/2012
- Weight177 g
- Width146 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.