All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- Description<b>A lavishly illustrated global exploration of the vast array of styles and most significant practitioners of tattoo from ancient times to today</b> Tattoo art and practice has seen radical changes in the 21st century, as its popularity has exploded. An expanding number of tattoo artists have been mining the past for lost traditions and invating with new techlogy. An ermous diversity of styles, genres, and techniques has emerged, ranging from geometric blackwork to vibrant, painterly styles, and from hand-tattooed works to machine-produced designs. With over 700 stunning color illustrations, this volume considers historical and contemporary tattoo practices in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, North and Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Australia, and the Pacific Islands. Each section, dedicated to a specific geographic region, features fascinating text by tattoo experts that explores the history and traditions native to that area as well as current styles and trends. <i>The World Atlas of Tattoo</i> also tracks the movement of styles from their indigeus settings to diasporic communities, where they have often been transformed into creative, multicultural, hybrid designs. The work of 100 table artists from around the globe is showcased in this definitive reference on a widespread and intriguing art practice.
- Author Biography<b>Anna Felicity Friedman</b> is an interdisciplinary scholar and curator, whose social media platforms include tattoohistorian.com. <b>James Elkins</b> is E. C. Chadbourne Chair of Art History, Theory, and Criticism at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)Anna Felicity Friedman
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1769 g
- Width229 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Foreword byJames Elkins
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.