All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an illustrated reference guide to over 375 plant and animal fossils from around the globe and how to identify them, with over 950 photographs and artworks. It covers finding, classifying, dating, collecting and understanding fossils, from the earliest ferns to fearsome disaurs. It reveals what fossils are and how they fit into geological history, the sites in which they can be found, and what the study of fossils tells us about our natural world. It includes a visual directory of fossils from plants, invertebrate and vertebrate animals, each entry with its own identification photograph and artwork reconstruction. Fossils offer an unparalleled insight into the amazing history of our planet. This practical volume explains the best ways to hunt fossils, including how to plan a field trip and present your finds. A directory provides a visual guide to more than 375 fossils, from the first multicellular life to the giants of the oceans. Entries include a photograph of the fossil, a detailed fact box, and an artwork reconstructing the appearance of the original plant or animal. Featuring expert text and over 950 superb photographs and illustrations, this classic book is essential reading for anyone keen to learn more about the origins of our natural world.
- Author BiographySteve Parker is a Scientific Fellow of the Zoological Society of London. He has written more than 200 books, and appears regularly on television and radio. He also presents talks, workshops and other events for schools, libraries, clubs and organizations.
- Author(s)Steve Parker
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 950 photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width172 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.