All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative and user-friendly workbook, w combined into a single volume organized chrologically, guides students and instructors through the ideas and methods of world history. Designed to be used either as a stand-alone text or as a companion to a more traditional text, this hands-on book provides all the elements necessary to support a world history course, including narrative, projects, primary sources, and a detailed glossary of terms. David Hertzel uses the guiding argument that world history is the heritage of every student's own family, culture, language, and values. He asks students to examine historical universals such as language, genealogy, myth, literature, religion, and archetypes. Rather than provide exhaustive coverage of each of these vast topics, the workbook provides judiciously selected historical examples as models that can launch discussions suitable to the needs of a particular class. The projects guide readers to recognize universals in their own lives and societies, allowing instructors and students to pursue historical themes in a constructive and open environment. The thoughtful readings and questions address moral issues involving freedom, equality, and justice, and the projects are designed to be used in a discussion or Socratic method in classes of all sizes. Despite the rigor of the comparative method and the extensive use of primary material, the workbook retains a simple but powerful theme and approach, making it accessible to students from a wide range of educational and social backgrounds.
- Author BiographyDavid Hertzel is professor of history at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Author(s)David Hertzel
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones, 1 tables
- Weight699 g
- Width213 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.