All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir that reads like a vel of the events before and after the 1964 Rivonia Trial when Hilda Bernstein's husband was acquitted but Mandela and the 'men of Rivonia' received a life sentence. This books conveys the combination of ordinariness and danger implicit in any totalitarian state.
- Author BiographyHilda Bernstein (1915-2006) met and married Lionel Rusty Bernstein in South Africa; they had four children. She was elected as a communist on the Johannesburg City Council; worked as a journalist; and helped found the Federation of South African Women. Hilda and Rusty escaped from South Africa to London in 1964 and remained there for the rest of their lives.
- Author(s)Hilda Bernstein
- PublisherPersephone Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitlePersephone Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPersephone Books Ltd
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.