All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe World That Wasn t There tells the story of what became kwn to the West only after the voyages of Columbus and other European explorers: the beautiful and superbly crafted art of North and South America. From the best-kwn and most ancient civilizations such as the Olmec, Maya, and Aztec to the spectacular vestiges of Teotihuacan, Veracruz, and Nayarit, from the ceramic Venuses of Valdivia, Ecuador, to the gold objects of Tairona, the ceramics of the Incas, and the fabrics and pots of the Nazca region, it is all here, in a stunning book presenting one of the most important private collections of pre-Columbian art in the world. This publication of treasures from the Ligabue Collection, assembled by the Italian palaeontologist and archaeological and anthropological scholar Giancarlo Ligabue (1931 2015), provides an unprecedented opportunity for collectors, scholars, and all those interested in pre-Columbian art.
- Author BiographyAdriano Favaro is culture editor of the daily Il Gazzettino and the editor of Ligabue Magazine. Jacques Blazy is an internationally known expert in pre-Columbian art. Andre Delpuech is the heritage curator of American collections at the Musee du Quai Branly in Paris.
- Author(s)Adriano Favaro
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Content Note210 colour
- Weight2546 g
- Width267 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.