All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compelling portrait of the future and vividly relates the big challenges facing the world w. --Jared Diamond, New York Times bestselling author of Collapse and Guns, Germs, and Steel The world's population is exploding, wild species are vanishing, and our environment is degrading. What kind of world are we leaving for our children and grandchildren? Just who will flourish--and who will fail--in our evolving world?Combining the lessons of geography and history with state-of-the-art model projections and analytical data, Guggenheim fellow Laurence C. Smith predicts how the eight nations of the Arctic Rim (including the United States) will become increasingly powerful while the nations around the equator struggle for survival. Like Bjorn Lomborg's The Skeptical Environmentalist, The World in 2050 is as credible as it is controversial, projecting the looming benefits as well as the problems of climate change.
- Author BiographyLaurence C. Smith earned his PhD at Cornell University, and is now professor and vice-chairman of geography and earth space sciences at the University of California in Los Angeles where he also lives.
- Author(s)Laurence C Smith
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication25/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.