All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
About this product
- DescriptionA ham sandwich on white bread. Macaroni and cheese. Peanut-butter-and-banana roll-ups. They may sound like ordinary items, but they take us on an amazing journey through the rich history and astonishing science of food. Explore a week of lunches--from apples to pizza--by taking a romp through thousands of years of extraordinary events. Some are amusing, like the accidental invention of potato chips. Others are tragic, such as the Spice Wars, which killed thousands of people. Consider that ham sandwich: Ancient Romans first made ham by curing meat with salt and smoke to kill microbes, while yeast (which burps gas) produces the fluffy texture of bread. Aztec farmers bred tomatoes from small, bitter berries into plump, sweet fruit, and watermelons sustained travelers 10,000 years ago in the Kalahari Desert. With a vibrant design and quirky illustrations, The World in Your Lunch Box is like the perfect lunch: satisfying, well-balanced, and totally delicious.
- Author BiographyClaire Eamer lives in Whitehorse, Yukon, and has written several books on science and history for kids. Sa Boothroyd is an illustrator who lives in Gibsons, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Claire Eamer
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight471 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sally Boothroyd
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.