Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.71+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beloved Shannara series by <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author Terry Brooks has been acclaimed as a towering achievement, an unquestioned masterpiece in fantasy literature. Now all the wonders of Shannara have been gathered into one indispensable volume in which Brooks shares candid views on his creation. This completely updated edition includes new entries on the High Druid of Shannara and Genesis of Shannara series, as well as the thrilling connection between Shannara and the Word and the Void trilogy. Illustrated throughout with full-color paintings and black-and-white drawings by award-winning artists David Cherry and Rob Alexander, this comprehensive guide ventures behind the scenes to explore the history, the people, the places, the major events, and, of course, the magic of one of the world's greatest fantasy epics. What sets Terry Brooks apart? Is it a knack for creating unforgettable characters like Allan the Druid, Shea Ohmsford, Tom Logan, and Angel Perez-men and women, gmes and wizards, who come alive on the page? Is it the haunting and utterly believable evil of his darker creations: the foul Dagda Mor, the murderous Jachyra, the enigmatic Ilse Witch, the ruthless Druid Shadea a'Ru? Whatever the secret of Brooks's storytelling magic, generations of readers have fallen under its spell. Sure to tantalize faithful fans and newcomers alike, <b>The World of Shannara</b> is the ultimate gateway into the fantasy realm of Terry Brooks-and the perfect companion to take along on the journey of a lifetime.
- Author BiographyTerry Brooks is the New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty-five books, including the Genesis of Shannara novels <b>Armageddon's Children</b> and <b>The Elves of Cintra; The Sword of Shannara;</b> the Voyage of the<i></i>Jerle Shannara trilogy: <b>Ilse Witch, Antrax, </b> and <b>Morgawr;</b> the High Druid of Shannara trilogy: <b>Jarka Ruus, Tanequil, </b> and <b>Straken</b>; the nonfiction book <b>Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life</b>; and the novel based upon the screenplay and story by George Lucas, <i>Star Wars(R) Episode I The Phantom Menace.</i>(TM) His novels <b>Running with the Demon</b> and <b>A Knight of the Word </b>were selected by the <i>Rocky Mountain News </i>as two of the best science fiction/fantasy novels of the twentieth century. The author was a practicing attorney for many years but now writes full-time. He lives with his wife, Judine, in the Pacific Northwest.
- Author(s)Teresa Patterson,Terry Brooks
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1284 g
- Width224 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.