Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ancient Meets Funny Endeavors in philosophy and mythology immortalized the ancient Greeks, but what you won't find in the history books is their serious love of the funny. The same forefathers who imparted the Socratic Method and the Parthen also passed on a wealth of filthy quips and goofy wisecracks. Some of these jokes still hit the mark, while others will have you groaning with laughter, even if it is because they're so bad, they're good. Tickle Yourself With Ancient Quips, Such As: Hairdresser: How shall I cut your hair, sir?Client: In silence An idiot hears that a crow can live for up to 200 years, so he buys one to see if it's true. An Abderite owes someone a donkey, but doesn't have one. So he asks the guy if he can repay his debt in two installments.
- Author(s)Dan Crompton
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.