All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReversing a common science fiction cliche, Farscape follows the adventures of the human astronaut John Crichton after he is shot through a wormhole into ather part of the universe. Here Crichton is the only human being, going from being a member of the most intelligent species on our planet to being frequently considered mentally deficient by the beings he encounters in his new environment. Crichton befriends a group of beings from various species attempting to escape from imprisonment aboard a living spaceship. The series, which broke many of the so-called rules of science fiction, follows Crichton's attempts to survive in worlds that are often hostile to him and his friends. Their adventures centre on each being's attempt to find a way home. The essays in this volume explore themes running throughout the series, such as good and evil, love and sex, and what it means to be a hero, as well as the various characters populating the series, including the villains and even the ship itself.
- Author Biography<strong>Sherry Ginn</strong> teaches psychology at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. She has published a book on the works of Joss Whedon as well as essays on science fiction television series, including <em>Doctor Who, Torchwood</em> and <em>Farscape</em>. <br><br><strong>Donald E. Palumbo</strong> is a professor of English at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, USA. He lives in Greenville. <br><br><strong>C. W. Sullivan III</strong> is Distinguished Professor of arts and sciences at East Carolina University, USA, and a full member of the Welsh Academy. He is the author of numerous books and the on-line journal <em>Celtic Cultural Studies</em>.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleCritical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 40
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byC. W. Sullivan,Donald E. Palumbo,Sherry Ginn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.