All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is the definitive costume book, embodying a wealth of research that is unlikely ever to be superseded. From the plant-fibre skirts of the Neolithic, Ancient Egyptian linen shifts and togas of the Classical Age, to 19th-century Tyrolean dirndls, contemporary African ceremonial attire and the Middle Eastern burqas of our own age, every table geographical region, historical period and style of dress is covered. Complete with an extensive reference section, this book is a glorious celebration of ethgraphic clothing and is destined to become the standard reference work.
- Author BiographyPatricia Rieff Anawalt is Director of the Center for the Study of Regional Dress at UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Patricia Rieff Anawalt
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note1100 illustrations, 800 in colour
- Weight3220 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine55 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.