All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn the art market, the value of a work has never been as relative as it is today. An intense marketing system has been established that makes the price of an item dependent t just on its quality but also on the identity of the seller and the buyer and even on the location of the sale. Through anecdotes and famous stories, The Worth of Art takes an in-depth look at exactly how the circumstances of a sale influence the price a work ultimately commands. The book highlights a selection of record-breaking auctions sales-from Van Gogh's Portrait of Dr. Gachet to a Louis XVI dresser to Leonardo da Vinci's Codex Hammer to Walt Disney's film Sw White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Author BiographyJudith Benhamou, 35, is a journalist specializing in the arts. She writes for Artpress, Maison francaise, L'Express and Art and Auction. She also teaches at the university level in France and Switzerland.
- Author(s)Judith Benhamou-Huet
- Date of Publication19/11/2001
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note70 colour photos
- Weight292 g
- Width185 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.