All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionOn a trip to Florida with his father, Johnny Dixon visits a fortune-teller and receives an eerie premonition. Inside the crystal ball, Johnny sees a ghost white face with long white hair and black eyes like puddles of oil, which screams, The universe shall be mine! Back home, Johnny s father falls unconscious, gravely ill in a way the doctors cant understand. Johnny and his friend Professor Childermass investigate and soon realize that the spirit of Nyarlat Hotep wants to use Major Dixon s body to destroy the world. To stop this fearsome demon, Johnny and the professor must join forces with Brewster, an otherworldly falcon, and fight Nyarlat Hotep in its own, unearthly realm. Can they locate an ancient book and defeat their deepest fears in time, or is Johnny s father lost and our world doomed forever? Readers will shiver at the multiple worlds of suspense in this twelfth book in the Johnny Dixon series.
- Author BiographyJohn Bellairs is beloved as a master of Gothic young adult novels and fantasies. His series about the adventures of Lewis Barnavelt and his uncle Jonathan, which includes <i>The House with a Clock in Its Walls</i>, is a classic. He also wrote a series of novels featuring the character Johnny Dixon. Among the titles in that series are<i>The Curse of the Blue Figurine</i>;<i>The Mummy, the Will, and the Crypt</i>;and <i>The Spell of the Sorcerer s Skull</i>. His stand-alone novel<i>The Face in the Frost</i>is also regarded as a fantasy classic, and among his earlier works are<i>St. Fidgeta and Other Parodies</i>and<i>The Pedant and the Shuffly</i>. Bellairs was a prolific writer, publishing more than a dozen novels before his untimely death in 1991.Brad Strickland has written and cowritten forty-one novels, many of them for younger readers. He is the author of the fantasy trilogy<i>Moon Dreams</i>, <i>Nul s Quest</i>, and<i>Wizard s Mole</i>, and the creator of the popular horror novel<i>Shadowshow</i>. With his wife, Barbara, he has written for the Star Trek Young Adult book series, for Nickelodeon s<i>Are You Afraid of the Dark?</i>book series, and for<i>Sabrina, the Teenage Witch</i>(Pocket Books). Both solo and with Thomas E. Fuller, he has written several books about Wishbone, public TV s literature-loving dog. When he's not writing, heteaches English at Gainesville College in Gainesville, Georgia. He and Barbara have two children, Amy and Jonathan, and a daughter-in-law, Rebecca. They live and work in Oakwood, Georgia.
- Author(s)Brad Strickland,John Bellairs
- PublisherOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleJohnny Dixon
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.