All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGive your story its best start! The best beginnings possess a magical quality that grabs readers from the first word and never lets them go. But beginnings aren't just the door into a fictional world. They are the gateway to the realm of publishing--one that could shut as quickly as it opens. In The Writer's Guide to Beginnings, author and literary agent Paula Munier shows you how to craft flawless beginnings that impress agents, engage editors, and captivate readers. You'll learn how to develop the big idea of your story and introduce it on page one, structure opening scenes that encompass their own story arc, kickstart your writing with effective brainstorming techniques, and introduce a compelling cast of characters that drive the plot. You'll also examine the best-selling vels from different genres to learn the secrets that experienced writers use to dive straight into a story. With thorough examinations of voice, point of view, setting, dialogue and conflict, The Writer's Guide to Beginnings is a must-have tool for luring your readers in with your opening pages--and convincing them to stick around for the ride. Writing a book? Hard. Writing the beginning of a book? Rocket science! Strap on your spacesuit, because thanks to Munier's nuanced, actionable breakdown of every possible aspect of a gripping opening, authors everywhere can w take their books to the stars. --K.M. Weiland
- Author BiographyPaula Munier (Milford, CT), Senior Literary Agent and Content Strategist at Talcott Notch Literary Services, boasts broad experience creating and marketing exceptional content in all formats across all markets for such media giants as WGBH, Disney, Fidelity, Gannett, Greenspun Media Group, F+W, and Quayside. A dedicated writing teacher, Paula is a popular speaker and lecturer at writing conferences, workshops, and retreats both online and on-site across the country.
- Author(s)Paula Munier
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLebanon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintF & W Publications Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Other
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $18.50Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $16.33
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $49.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.