All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.29Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionLEARN NEW AND INSPIRING WAYS OF LIFTING YOUR CREATIVE WRITING. Is your creative writing in need of inspiration? Do you need confidence to create watertight plots and believable characters? The Writer's Source Book provides dozens of practical exercises to help you create storylines, craft people and generate ideas, with support and creative insight for every stage. It will give you support in identifying your genre and crafting your work around it, and help you to understand the complexities of plot and character before beginning to create your own. Inspired and inspiring exercises will help you master the structure of your book, story or play, while focused and invative advise will help those who have run into trouble. This is a technical manual ideal for any writer who needs to build, fix, polish or perfect their storyline. ABOUT THE SERIES The Teach Yourself Creative Writing series helps aspiring authors tell their story. Covering a range of genres from science fiction and romantic vels, to illustrated children's books and comedy, this series is packed with advice, exercises and tips for unlocking creativity and improving your writing. And because we kw how daunting the blank page can be, we set up the Just Write online community at tyjustwrite, for budding authors and successful writers to connect and share.
- Author BiographyChris Sykes is a writer, poet and scriptwriter. He teaches creative writing at Oxford University, the City Literary Institute, and the University of Sussex. He has written and extensively published poetry, is a former BBC scriptwriter, and has written and directed plays in the West End and elsewhere. He is a former Deputy Chair of the Writers Guild of Great Britain.
- Author(s)Chris Sykes
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.