All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvaluable to writers of all kinds Mark Le Fanu, The Society of Authors Written emphatically from the author's point of view, this is an expert guide to the process of getting published, from submitting your work and finding an agent, to working with a publishing house and understanding the book trade. Together with interviews from authors, agents and publishers (including the CEO of Harper Studio, and the Editorial Director of Macmillan New Writing) as well as buyers from Waterstones and Asda, it offers advice on: * finding an agent or publisher * successful approaches for covering letters and sypses * understanding contractual terms * working with publishers and the editorial process * your role in helping to publicise your work The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook Guide to Getting Published will enable you to market your work more professionally, understand the relationship you will have with both agent and publisher and offers a contemporary inside view of the publishing industry. Along with the essential contacts in the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook, this is a professional tool you will t want to be without.
- Author BiographyHarry Bingham has authored 5 novels for HarperCollins and two non-fiction titles with 4th Estate. He was included in WHS Fresh Talent Promotion, was shortlisted for WHS's Thumping Good Read Award, and longlisted for the IMPAC Dublin International Literary Prize. He writes for national newspapers, is the founder of the Writers' Workshop and The Word Cloud - an online community for writers.
- Author(s)Harry Bingham
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/09/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.