All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIt's been said that good writers borrow but great writers steal. Writing thieves read widely, dive deeply into texts, and steal bits and pieces from great texts as models for their own writing. Ruth Culham admits to being a writing thief-and she wants you and your students to become writing thieves, too. A major part of good writing instruction is finding the right mentor texts to share with students. Within this book, you'll discover more than ninety excellent mentor texts, along with straightforward activities that incorporate the traits of writing across informational, narrative, and argument modes. Chapters also include brief essays from beloved writing thieves such as Lester Laminack, David L. Harrison, Lisa Yee, Nicola Davies, Ralph Fletcher, Toni Buzzeo, Lola Schaefer, and Kate Messner, detailing the reading that has influenced their own writing. Ruth's rewned easy-going style and friendly tone make this a book you'll turn to again and again as you guide your students to reach their full potential as deep, thoughtful readers and writers. There's a writing thief in each of us when we learn how to read with a writer's eye!
- Author BiographyRuth Culham, EdD, a pioneering researcher of the writing traits model, is a former Montana Teacher of the Year, current president of Culham Writing Company, an avid reader of children's books, and a long-time writing thief.
- Author(s)Ruth Culham
- PublisherStenhouse Publishers
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationYork, Maine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStenhouse Publishers
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.