Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHighlights the unique character and behavior of the nation. Frank, irreverent, funny--almost guaranteed to cure Xephobia.
- Author BiographyBorn in Israel, Aviv Ben Zeev attributes his Angst to a father who is of German descent and his temper to a mother who comes from the Argentine, a combination that made him a bit eccentric. Raised on the knees of the Israeli education system, he learned to take nothing for granted, and to try never to be a Freier. After four long years in IDF uniform that looked particularly bad on him, he waved aside what should have been a brilliant career as a second-rate classical guitarist, and set out on his mandatory post-army trip. In the course of this he found himself in a New Zealand college teaching about Israel and in the University of the Kingdom of Tonga amusing students with tales from the Holy Land. He also discovered a passion for airports. The word 'airport' was enough to make him join the circle of telecommunication company employees. Indeed, it is in airports that he may be found most of the time, en route to this or that remote country. His home, though infrequently inhabited, is situated in the bustling heart of Tel Aviv, where he himself can be spotted circling about in his automobile, searching in vain for a parking space. All in all, trying to keep his place - on the Map.
- Author(s)Aviv Ben Zeev
- PublisherOval Books
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleXenophobe's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOval Books
- Content Note1M.
- Weight47 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.