All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection of specially commissioned essays on Chaucer's poetry is a single-volume guide to the best and most inventive work in Chaucerian studies today. The first such book written with American undergraduate and graduate students in mind, The Yale Companion to Chaucer provides up-to-date information on the history and textual contexts of Chaucer's work, on the ranges of current critical interpretation, and on the poet's place in English and European literary history. With close readings of major texts, the book offers ample material for studying philology, history, and textual criticism as they bear on Chaucer's work in particular and medieval literature in general. Both interpretation and information are presented, and each essay is accompanied by a detailed bibliography and guide to further study and research.
- Author BiographySeth Lerer is Avalon Foundation Professor in Humanities and professor of English and comparative literature at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Seth Lerer
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note3 b&w maps
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.