All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn both his nfiction and his fiction, Yalom uses the lens of psychotherapy to explore human nature and shows us that the line between the true and the imagined is t always easy to distinguish. What has driven Dr. Yalom from the beginning of his career is a powerful interest in narrative and it is this passion that ties these selections together. It is possible to come to The Yalom Reader from many different perspectives and be richly rewarded. Readers of Dr. Yalom's clinical texts will be intrigued by the fictional entries general readers will gain a greater understanding of and appreciation for the practice of psychotherapy. All will find the mark of a master. Dr. Yalom has written an introductory essay for the Reader, section introductions and three new essays on narrative.
- Author BiographyIrvin D. Yalom, M.D., is professor emeritus of psychiatry at the Stanford University School of Medicine. He was the recipient of the 1974 Edward Strecker Award and the 1979 Foundation's Fund Prize in Psychiatry. He is the author of When Nietzsche Wept (winner of the 1993 Commonwealth Club gold medal for fiction), Love's Executioner, Every Day Gets a Little Closer (with Ginny Elkin), and the classic textbooks Inpatient Group Psychotherapy and Existential Psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Irvin D. Yalom
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication31/01/1998
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.