All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Year of Indecision: 1946 overturns the image of U.S. president Harry Truman as a can-do leader and shows instead his presidency as troubled. In 1946 Relations broke down with the Soviet Union, and nearly did with the British. The U.S. suffered shortages and strikes of a magnitude it had t seen in years. In November 1946, the Democrats lost both houses of Congress. The tension between fear and optimism expressed itself too in popular culture. Through a vivid portrait of Truman anda single year, Ken Weisbride offers an alternative perspective on history.
- Author BiographyKen Weisbrode is a diplomatic and cultural historian currently working in Turkey. He received his Ph.D. from Harvard University, where he studied under Akira Iriye and the late Ernest May. He is the author of Churchill and the King and The Atlantic Century.
- Author(s)Kenneth Weisbrode
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViking Press Inc
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.