All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe sharp-witted stories in Becky Adt-Haynes's debut collection explore the secret lives of people--how they deal with the parts of themselves that they choose t to share with their closest confidants--and with the world. A pole-vaulter practices his sport only before dawn. A recently divorced woman signs up for a hallucigenic drug excursion in the Arizona desert. An uncertain girlfriend goes out into the world wearing a false pregnancy belly. In The Year of Perfect Happiness, the universe is recognizable but slightly askew, a world whose corners can be peeled back to reveal the strange and often comic outcomes of acting out your most self-destructive desires.
- Author BiographyBecky Adnot-Haynes grew up in Gainesville, Florida, USA and holds a PhD in English and creative writing from the University of Cincinnati, where she worked as an editor for The Cincinnati Review. Her stories have appeared in literary journals such as The Missouri Review, The Indiana Review, The Literary Review, West Branch, and PANK, and she was the winner of Hobart's Buffalo Prize for short fiction.
- Author(s)Becky Adnot-Haynes
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleKatherine Anne Porter Prize in Short Fiction
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.