All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 13th century, a group of heretics in southwest France, the Cathars, became a serious threat to the Catholic church. In several waves of repression, thousands of Cathars were killed. Yet so ardent was their faith that, early in the next century, the Cathars rose one last time. Using the breathtakingly detailed and uniquely extant documentation from this period, and drawing on his intimate kwledge of the last Cathars' tracks and hiding places, many of which survive to this day, Rene Weis tells the full story of this gripping historical episode.
- Author BiographyRene Weis was born in 1953. He is Professor of English Literature at UCL and the author of Criminal Justice: The True Story of Edith Thompson, first published in 1988 to critical acclaim.
- Author(s)Rene Weis
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations, maps, bibliography, chronology, index
- Weight362 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.