Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.65+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $32.52Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are looking to develop your skills and techniques and find the perfect balance between training, school, and friends and family, look further than The Young Athlete's Handbook. Since 1998, Nike-sponsored performance camps have successfully taught more than 1,500 athletes how to manage all aspects of their lives. Now many of the United Kingdom's top coaches have come together to offer you those same lessons, advice, and training tips. Part 1 concentrates on the basics-understanding the fundamentals of your chosen sport, training needs, and the outside activities you need to create a healthy balance in your life.Part 2 focuses on the practicalities: getting and keeping fit, anaerobic and aerobic endurance, proper nutrition, mental training, and balancing strength and power with speed and flexibility. A chapter on staying healthy is also included.Part 3 offers information on the serious issues of drugs and doping as well as important information about training and competing abroad. Part 4 helps you put it all together and shows you how to measure and monitor your performance for evaluation and improvement.For whatever sport you choose, this is the book you need to perform your very best!
- Author BiographyThe Youth Sport Trust is a young, dynamic charity established in 1994 and supported by many of the key names in British sport, such as Sebastian Coe, Sue Barker, and Mike Atherton. The Trust believes that physical activity and sport have a key role in the development of all young people. Therefore, the Trust works to build a brighter future for young people in sport.The Trust's mission is to develop and implement, in close partnership with other organizations, quality physical education (PE) and sport programs for all young people ages 18 months to 18 years in schools and the community. In doing so, the YST has teamed up with Human Kinetics as their official publisher, and this is the first of many ongoing projects between the UK's foremost PE trust and the world's premier publisher in physical activity.The Youth Sport Trust is committed to working with a range of organisations, including schools, universities and sport teams, to provide support to talented and gifted young athletes. The Young Athlete's Handbook is compiled from the notes of some of the UK's top coaches and sport experts. These professionals' techniques have been tested at performance camps run by the Youth Sport Trust at Loughborough University.Steve Cram competed in the golden era of British middle-distance running, becoming world champion in 1983. In 1985, he went on to claim three world records in the mile, the 1,500 meters, and the 2,000 meters, all in the space of 19 days. A commentator and presenter for BBC sport and chairman of the English Institute of Sport, Cram is now passing on his knowledge and enthusiasm to a new generation of athletes.
- Author(s)Youth Sport Trust
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white halftones
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword bySteve Cram
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.