The Youth Worker's Guide to Helping Teenagers in Crisis by Rich Van Pelt, Jim Hancock (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionWhen youth work becomes crisis management. Anyone who stays in youth ministry for a while will encounter significant crises. Family break-ups, substance abuse, sexual assault, eating disorders, cutting, suicide, gun violence. But without proper and immediate care, crises like these can cause years of emotional pain and spiritual scarring in students. Rich Van Pelt and Jim Hancock want to help you prevent that from happening. Through their experience and expertise, youÃÂ¹ll learn how to: -Respond quickly and effectively to crisis -Balance legal, ethical, and spiritual outcomes -Forge preventive partnerships with parents, schools, and students -Bring healing when damage is done. When crises happen -and they will, ready or not - there are practical steps you can take. Van Pelt and Hancock provide field-tested counsel and specific, biblical advice for each stage of crisis. Keep this book on hand as your go-to resource when you need it most. Because when it comes to crisis, itÃÂ¹s not a matter of if, but when.
- Author BiographyJim Hancock invested two decades as a church-based youth worker. Now he spends his days in Leucadia, California, writing and creating digital movies and learning designs for youth workers, parents, and adolescents. HeA's the author of Raising Adults, The Justice Mission, How to Volunteer Like a Pro and many other resources, and co-author of The Youth Worker's Guide to Helping Teenagers in Crisis and The Parent's Guide to Helping Teenagers in Crisis. Jim Hancock ha trabajado por dos decadas con la juventud. Ha escrito numerosos libros para padres, adolescentes, lideres juveniles y jovenes solteros. Es el productor general de una serie de videos educativos muy populares en Estados Unidos llamados Edge TV. Rich Van Pelt trains thousands of educators, counselors and youth workers each year in adolescent crisis intervention and teen suicide prevention and response. His expertise springs from more than three decades of youth and family work, including ten years with incarcerated youth in the Colorado Department of Corrections. He is president of Alongside Consulting, a Denver-based leadership development organization, and is national director of ministry relationships for Compassion International. Often called on to offer counsel and direction after major teen incidents, like the Columbine shootings, Rich is also the author of Intensive Care: Helping Teenagers In Crisis and co-author of The Youth Worker's Guide to Helping Teenagers In Crisis.
- Author(s)Jim Hancock,Rich Van Pelt
- Date of Publication07/12/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.