All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionThe presidency of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyo (2004-14) was a watershed in Indonesia's modern democratic history. Yudhoyo was t only the first Indonesian president to be directly elected, but also the first to be democratically re-elected. Coming to office after years of turbulent transition, he presided over a decade of remarkable political stability and steady ecomic growth. But other aspects of his rule have been the subject of controversy. While supporters view his presidency as a period of democratic consolidation and success, critics view it as a decade of stagnation and missed opportunities. This book is the first comprehensive attempt to evaluate both the achievements and the shortcomings of the Yudhoyo presidency. With contributions from leading experts on Indonesia's politics, ecomy and society, it assesses the Yudhoyo record in fields ranging from ecomic development and human rights, to foreign policy, the environment and the security sector.
- Author BiographyEdward Aspinall is Head of Department of Political and Social Change, School of International, Political and Strategic Studies, College of Asia and the Pacific, Australian National University. Marcus Mietzner, PhD Candidate, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University. Dirk Tomsa is Lecturer at the School of Social Sciences, Politics and International Relations Program, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
- PublisherInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationParsir Panjang
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDirk Tomsa,Edward Aspinall,Marcus Mietzner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.