All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of Methods in Cell Biology , the first of 3 parts on the subject of zebrafish, provides a comprehensive compendia of laboratory protocols and reviews covering all the new methods developed since 2004. This first volume provides state-of-the-art descriptions of vel cellular imaging techlogies and methods for culture of zebrafish stem cells, summarizes protocols for analyzing the development of major organ systems including the central nervous system (CNS), and introduces the use of the zebrafish as a model system for human diseases. This title details state-of-the art zebrafish protocols, delineating critical steps in the procedures as well as potential pitfalls. It summarizes the Zebrafish Geme Project.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Biochemistry and Marine Biology at Northeastern University, promoted 1996. Joined Northeastern faculty in 1987. Previously a faculty member in Dept. of Biochemistry at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, 1983-1987.Principal Investigator in the U.S. Antarctic Program since 1984. Twelve field seasons on the ice since 1981. Research conducted at Palmer Station, Antarctica, and McMurdo Station, Antarctica.Research areas: Biochemical, cellular, and physiological adaptation to low and high temperatures. Structure and function of cytoplasmic microtubules and microtubule-dependent motors from cold-adapted Antarctic fishes. Regulation of tubulin and globin gene expression in zebrafish and Antarctic fishes. Role of microtubules in morphogenesis of the zebrafish embryo. Developmental hemapoiesis in zebrafish and Antarctic fishes. UV-induced DNA damage and repair in Antarctic marine organisms.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleMethods in Cell Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number133
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight839 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Volume editorH. William Detrich,Leonard I. Zon,Monte Westerfield
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.