Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionCan a young woman with a rare and beautiful mind forge an equally beautiful life? When that woman faces both the gifts and challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder, that which isolates her from the world may be the very thing that joins her with a soul mate. Author Yahnira Backus's poignant futuristic vel charts the emotional journey through the complex channels of the human mind, as well as the deep recesses of the human heart. Inspiring and suspenseful, this wildly inventive, profoundly insightful work of fiction is certain to resonate with anyone who champions the transcendent power of love. Set in the near future, The A List centers on a bold new world where the incidence of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (renamed ASP Syndrome) has risen to epidemic proportions. When the government takes tice of the promising research conducted by Dr. Michael Glenn, he is given the green light to oversee a groundbreaking research facility, the Glenn Research Facility (GRF), which offers ASP babies an optimal environment to realize their strenghths and overcome their neurological obstacles. However, in order to succeed, the selected infants must be taken from their birth parents to be nurtured and tested. One such infant, Sarah GRF81230, has emerged into a breathtaking and brilliant young graduate, who soon learns that she has been preparing for one of the most important medical and political debates in history. As Sarah navigates new terrain in both her mind and her heart, she reunites with her birth family, and forges a meaningful new tie with her new colleague Josh. Tapping into an inner strength to overcome her perceived obstacles, Sarah creates an inspired, rich life. Harnessing the healing power of fiction to mine deeper truths, The A List will open the minds of anyone who seeks a better understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as open the hearts of those who relish a rare romance.
- Author BiographyYahnira Backus is a medical professional, who worked as a medical technologist in the chemistry and microbiology departments. She holds a bachelor of science from Troy State University, in Troy, Alabama. She currently lives in Montgomery where she is a columnist for the city newspaper. She is the mother of four children with special needs, including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Tourette's, and Wilson's Disease which is a rare genetic disease. Backus draws from both her medical background and her life experiences in the writing of this novel.
- Author(s)Yahnira Backus
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.