All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the leading foundation for AIDS research, a comprehensive guide to help readers understand the complexities of HIV/AIDS and provide the latest information on combination therapy. The AmFAR AIDS Handbook picks up where other books on AIDS leave off. It is the book you will turn to for a greater understanding of this disease, its causes and effects, and what new treatment options are being developed. How is HIV transmitted? When should antiviral treatment begin? Should treatment ever be stopped? How do protease inhibitors work? How does the disease differ in men, women, and children? This guide incorporates the latest research findings-including those on combination drug therapy-and answers all your questions in language comprehensible to nscientists. AmFAR (American Foundation for AIDS Research) is the leading nprofit organization dedicated to the support of laboratory and clinical research on AIDS, AIDS prevention, and advocacy for sound AIDS-related public policy. It has given out over $140 million to more than 1700 research teams. Elizabeth Taylor is the founding national chairman and Dr. Mathilde Krim is the founding co-chair and chairman of the board.
- Author BiographyDarrell E Ward (b. 1947) is an author and editor. He wrote for Frontiers, a magazine for a professional audience about research and clinical advances at the OSUCCC-James. He is the President of Better Healthcare for Africa. Mathilde Krim founded the AIDS Medical Foundation (AMF) in 1983 and is the is the founding co-chair/chairman of the board for amfAR. She was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2000.
- Author(s)Darrell E. Ward
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication23/11/1998
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Notediagrams
- Weight680 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Introduction byMathilde Krim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.