All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the books available on carpentry are either dry textbooks, incomplete project-based books, or books of building/architectural details. The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House takes a different, step-by-step approach, with full-colour drawings of every step in the building process from laying a foundation through to installing the finishing touch on a newel post. Combining the expertise of builder John Carroll and the engaging drawings of illustrator Chuck Lockhart, this book is a complete course in residential carpentry and construction from the voice (and hand) of experience.
- Author BiographyJohn Carroll has been building and repairing houses since the late 1960s and is still an active contractor in Durham, North Carolina. He writes regularly for Fine Homebuilding and the Journal of Light Construction and has been published in a variety of other magazines, including Masonry Construction, Concrete Products and Country Living. Chuck Lockhart has worked with The Taunton Press for well over 20 years, first as art director for Fine Homebuilding magazine and then as an illustrator of Taunton Press books.
- Author(s)Chuck Lockhart,John Carroll
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes drawings
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.