All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionFor five years, Meredith Davenport photographed and interviewed men who play live-action games based on contemporary conflicts, such as a recreation of the hunt for Osama Bin Laden that took place thousands of miles from the conflict zone on a campground in Northern Virginia. Her images speak about the way that trauma and conflict penetrate a culture sheltered from the horrors of war. Bringing together a series of two dozen photographs with essays discussing and analyzing the influence of the media, particularly photographs and video, on the culture at large and how conflict is discussed in the visual realm, Theater of War is a unique look at the influence of contemporary conflicts, and their omnipresence in the media, on popular culture. Written by an experienced photojournalist who has covered a variety of human rights issues worldwide, this book is an essential addition to the library of anyone interested in the confluence of war and media.
- Author BiographyMeredith Davenport is assistant professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology. As a freelance photojournalist, she has covered human rights issues around the world, ranging from the rise of Islamic extremism in Bangladesh for the New York Times Magazine to Hugo Chavez's impact on Venezuela for National Geographic.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note24 colour plates
- Weight567 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMeredith Davenport
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.