All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionMichel Saint-Denis was one of twentieth century theatre's most influential directors and theorists. This book combines his seminal Theatre: The Rediscovery of Style with material from Training for the Theatre, newly edited to create a work which moves seamlessly from theory to practice. *Theatre: The Rediscovery of Style collects five of Saint Denis' key lectures, given during his time in America, and perfectly encompasses his synergy of classical theatre and modern realism *Training for the Theatre is a key practical resource for actors, directors and teachers alike. It covers crucial areas such as understanding a play's context, training schedules, improvisation and dealing with stage space, as well as a section on Saint-Denis' use of masks in actor training Theatre: The Rediscovery of Style and Other Writings benefits from Jane Baldwin's new biographical introduction and antations, that put Saint-Denis into context for a contemporary audience. It brings a wealth of inspirational material both to the rehearsal space and the classroom.
- Author BiographyMichel Saint-Denis was one of the preeminent theatrical theorists of the 20th Century. Aside from his contributions to acting, directing, teaching and writing, he also founded the London Theatre Studio, the Old Vic Theatre School and New York's Juillard Drama School. Jane Baldwin is a theatre historian at the Boston Conservatory, and author of Michel Saint-Denis and the Shaping of the Modern Actor.
- Author(s)Michel Saint-Denis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white halftones
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJane Baldwin
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.